Tuesday 1 July 2008

Finally some more Dear Jane blocks!

I finally got busy and sewed a few more Dear Jane blocks! I had to test sew on several machines that we will be selling, so figured this is a good excuse. After all, to thoroughly test a machine, it's much better to sew an actual project than just scrap fabric, right? That's my excuse LOL. Here is H 7 Bennington Star pieced on a 15-88 Singer treadle machine. Stitches are wonderful!

J 6 Granny Weaver sewn on another 15-88 Singer treadle:

J 7 Chicken Tracks sewn on a beige or tan Singer Featherweight. This machine also does a great job with these little 1" strips and squares:


This is C 5 Eye of the Cyclone. I finished this one quite awhile ago, but can't find it on my blog. I hand pieced this one, and did the white section in two pieces so that the curve would go all the way around the 'cyclone'. The only problem was, I stitched on the wrong side of the pencil line and you can actually see the pencil line on three of them! I will try to take the seam in slightly on those pieces to see if that works. Or try to erase the marks. The center seams don't quite line up either, so I'll try to fix that as well...then again..finished is better than perfect, right? :-)

No comments: