Wednesday 2 September 2009

Table topper for my friend Lynn

My friend Lynn had a birthday yesterday. My other friend, Amy and I went to Newmarket to visit, take Lynn out for lunch and visit a couple of quilt shops! What better way to spend a birthday than quilt shopping and visiting friends!? We sat outside and enjoyed Lynn's beautiful gardens and listened to the birds, had coffee and yummy birthday cake. Here is the table topper that I made for my dear friend Lynn. She is displaying it on her table with a lovely milk glass piece :-). She will alternate every day with the table runner Amy made for her!

I quilted leaves in the outer yellow border, larger leaves in the piano key border and loops in the inside yellow border. The center was meandered with a lovely King Tut turqouoise and brown variegated thread:

I used some of the teapot fabric that I bought from The Marsh Store in May and combined it with leftovers from the charity quilt I made this winter:

The pattern is from the newest Fons & Porter magazine, but I made mine smaller since I didn't have a larger piece of the center leaves or the teapot fabric. I can't remember where I bought the binding, but it matched beautifully:

3 comments:

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

Love that table topper! Soft, buttery yellow... Nicely done!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I recognize some of that fabric! A lovely gift for your friend!

Callie Brady said...

Beautiful! The topper is lovely! Lovely topper for a wonderful friend. You took such care with the quilting and fabric choices.