Sunday, 14 November 2010

Nick and Christina's quilt

Friends, Nick and Christina, were married in August of this year and I made them a black and white quilt with a little red tossed in for their bed. I forgot to take a picture of the quilt as I was just finishing up the label minutes before we headed for the wedding! I will add one later. I had this quilt quilted by a friend on her long arm machine to speed up the process :-). Here are the blocks on my design wall before sewing them together. They are made with 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangles. The pattern is called "Split Decision".

I used a lot of novelty prints with items of interest to either the bride or groom - motorcycle parts, dinosaurs, cats, music notes, treble clefs, bicycles, etc. I added a red batik border and then a larger border of treble clefs and a striped outer border, mitering the corners. This is actually a quick way to add borders.

A few more of the prints in the blocks (click on the photo to enlarge)

The quilting turned out really cool; loops on the blocks and large treble clefs in the borders:

Here you can see one of the treble clefs quilted in the border:

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Beautiful job on this quilt! I especially like how you quilted the treble clef into the border. Too cute! My daughter is a music teacher, so I'll have to remember this concept the next time I make her a quilt:)