Thursday 30 October 2014

Sisters' Sew day

Last week, my sister and I enjoyed a looooong overdue sewing day together.  Eva had started an iPad cover a long time ago and we never had a chance to get together to finish it.  She also brought along some UFO's and we made some great progress on a few of them.  

A sampler quilt Eva made in 1999.  She didn't like the borders so took them off and we did a little brainstorming on possible borders.  We will go shopping together one of these days and get this quilt to done!
A little paper pieced project that needs binding

In no time we had a total disaster on the tables :-). 

Eva is making a cover for her iPad

A needle book that our other sister made for Eva years and years ago

Eva used one of my little Featherweights to quilt her iPad cover

Eva's version of our Sisters' quilt
That triggered a memory and I dug out my matching quilt from the bottom of the closet!  I have since been working on handquilting it again and am making progress :-)

A great sisters' day in my sewing room.  We'll have to do it again soon!


No comments: