Thursday 18 February 2016

More Pillows

I got a little sidetracked working on my UFO's by making some pillows for myself :-).  My sister loved the pillows I made for my grand kids and wanted to make one herself...so of course I had to join her and make a matching one :-). I found a half yard of awesome fox fabric with bright colours and we cut it carefully, so we could use it for the backs of the fox pillows.  My sister drew up patterns for glasses matching our own glasses :-).   I then decided to try the hedgehog and two foxes.  There are instructions on Elizabeth Hartman's website to make these rectangular pillows using IKEA pillow inserts. (You will still need the patterns for the fox, hedgehog and cats to make the blocks.)  This worked very well on my IKEA chair upstairs, so I also made two kitties into a pillow for our second chair in the living room.  Now I can read comfortably in those chairs :-).

Fox fabric for the back of the pillows


The first IKEA pillow and my fox (bottom right) and my sister Thea's fox (bottom left)

The pillow fits perfectly on the arms of the IKEA chair.
The cat pillow (Simon and Daisy)

The fox pillow

Thea's fox pillow quilted and ready to make into a pillow when she got home.
 At least these pillows did not end up on the UFO pile...they are finished!


1 comment:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Love the pillows! I bought the pattern for the fancy forest quilt....there may be some pillows in my future! Love the glasses!