Sunday 20 November 2016

Sisters Quilt Finished

A few weeks ago I finally put the last stitches in the binding on a quilt that I've been working on for a very long time; in fact, I can't even remember when I started it (could be 15 years ago?).  My sister Eva and I thought it would be fun to make the exact same quilt together.  Sewing the top didn't take all that long, but then life got in the way and we both forgot about them in the busyness of life.  She dug it out again two years ago when she came over to work on a number of projects.  You can read about that here.  I just noticed the date on that post was Oct, 2014.
 
This is the stage they were at two years ago; mine is on the left, Eva's on the right
Here it is, finally finished - it even has a label :-)

I hand quilted this quilt in the ditch, but it seemed to need more so I quilted lines in white strips and about an inch and a half apart along the borders and circles in the dark green squares.

By the time I finished this quilt, I had nothing in the stash anymore for binding!  My tastes have definitely changed for the more colourful in the last dozen years.  I dug through my stash of Kona cottons and found a FQ of the perfect blue and green and just managed to get the binding out of that.  I still really like this quilt and it's hanging over my Mom's little chair in my living room...a perfect little quilt to put over your lap while reading a good book on a snowy day like today!

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It's always nice to have a finish, especially an older UFO. Nice quilt.