Tuesday 21 November 2017

Becky and Wyatt's Quilt

A number of years ago, Pan Denesyk of Mad About Patchwork, came to the London Friendship Guild and did a work shop on a variation of a bento box block.  I had started mine with Kona solids and never had an occasion to finish the quilt.  A niece was getting married and I rooted around in my drawers for inspiration and found this project.  After consulting with my sister in law to see if Becky would like the colours, I went ahead and finished the quilt in time for the wedding at the end of September.  I was not able to go to the shower in August, so made a matching pillow to go with the quilt for a belated shower gift.  It was fun working with solid colours and planning out the different blocks.
(click on the photo to enlarge the photos)

Finished quilt

Swirly quilting done on my trusty vintage Bernina 830


Block closeup


I just happened to have this backing fabric in my stash and the colours matched perfectly.


matching pillow



back of pillow

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Beautiful! I haven’t had a chance to see it in real life yet so this is fun!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice. I love how Bento boxes always look kinda wonky, even though they aren't wonky.

Unknown said...

I got to see them and thought they looked amazing...love the fall theme for a fall wedding ☺ the boxes look so complicated lol