Monday 18 November 2019

Comfort quilt

I'm woefully behind in my blogging again!  But, I have been very busy sewing up a storm! This summer I worked on quilting up some tops for our comfort quilt project for our local hospital.  I belong to two small quilt groups and we make lap quilts for the chemo unit of our local hospital.  

This quilt was put together with green and pink scraps that we had in the donated stash (along with a few others from my stash to get enough for the top).  This was a fun quilt to do.  I just quilted it myself with large loops down each row. 
(click on the photo to enlarge.)

quilted with large loops in each row

We had a lot of one floral fabric and used it for borders, but it needed a little more width, so it got dark grey half tumblers and also grey binding around it.

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on your finish. I made a tumbler quilt top, years ago, for Quilts of Valor.