Tuesday 16 August 2022

Tilda Windy Days Quilt

While browsing quilt ideas awhile ago, I came across this quilt by Tilda called Windy Days.   I sent the link to my daughter in law as it had my granddaughter Eleanor's name all over it! She could definitely be described as a little whirlwind ☺.   I collected fabric over the next few months to match her bedroom and had a lot of fun with this pattern.  Eleanor loved the quilt and even got to come along to my neighbour across the street, Chris, who quilted it for me on her long arm machine.  Eleanor got to see the big machine and help choose the pattern for quilting and the thread colour.

The peach houses and florals were the focus fabrics for the quilt.

One of nine blocks.

The finished quilt.

There was enough left of the peach houses and floral to piece a backing for the quilt.

The lovely quilting Chris did on the quilt.  It really added to the "Windy City".

The quilt fit perfectly on the bed.

Miss Eleanor with her new pet rabbit that comes with the quilt ☺.  Her nickname is "Bunny".

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Beautiful Jacqui! Looks wonderful!!

Neil & Ricky Pronk said...

Hi Jacque - you sure get a lot of joy from your wonderful skill of quilt-making!

GailM. said...

It's lovely. I'm considering making this quilt. It's just so darn sweet. I'm interested in your approach to such a big project. Did you do 1 block at a time, or do all 9 at the same time. I'm thinking of doing 1 block to see where the gotchas are and then doing the other 8 all together... starting with the big blocks... then the smaller blocks.