Saturday 8 March 2008

Productive Snow Day!

We are having the umpteenth snow storm of the year! I've lost count of how many we've had, but this one was a real major blizzard and is still going strong. We could hardly open the front door for the snow drift on the front porch.

This was the view out of the back patio door:

So, my husband and I headed down the basement for a day of cleaning and testing some antique and vintage sewing machines. My job after we finished cleaning them was test sewing on them so I got out some Dear Jane blocks and set up a little work station on the freezer. That worked great.

K 4 Thea's turn...this one is for my sister out West whose name is Thea! This was done on a Brother machine.

K 12 Doris's Dilemna was made on a 201 Singer handcrank. Those 201's are such smooth machines.

I 1 Ralph & Nelda's Wedding, done on a Singer Featherweight which sewed like a dream!

I 2 Kaye's Courtyard also sewn on the little Featherweight.

That brings my total blocks to 40.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

How fun to sew your Jane blocks on different antique machines! The blocks are all wonderful, especially the one with the kitty print in the center. You made good use of a 'snow' day!

Elly D said...

Hi Jacqui, your blocks are looking great made on your vintage machine. I was lucky enough to land a 201k hand crank singer today!! Made in 1948 in Clydebank Scotland. It's in lovely condition but didn't come with any bits and bobs so I found some on ebay to get me started. This is my very first antique machine so I'm a novice. I wiped it with a damp cloth to get the dust off and it's now sitting on my unit in my living room. There's a pic on my blog. Elly