Tuesday 2 September 2008

Lauren's JK quilt

I got the quilt finished for my dear granddaughter, Lauren, just in time for school to start! She begins a new adventure today and needed a nap blanket for the first day of school. An I spy quilt is the perfect nap blanket for Junior Kindergarten! This one is the same layout as Natalie's quilt except the sashing colour and the borders are different. There are a few different blocks in the quilt. After doing so many I spy quilts for boys, it sure was nice to dig out the pink and yellow blocks; the princesses and paper dolls and shoes and girls themes! I found it very interesting that this very light checked print worked for the border of this quilt. It isn't often that a light border works on a quilt, but this one did. Here is the finished quilt:


I did funky flowers in the squares, swirls in the sashings and leaves on the border.


Sashing quilting and some of the blocks in the quilt:

I found this wonderful beige with pink teddy bears print in the sale bin for $2.00 a yard! It isn't often that you go to the store to buy backing for a specific quilt and find it in the sale section for such a good price :-). And, yes, I did buy enough to do at least one more quilt!

2 comments:

Rosa Robichaud said...

I LOVE the layout of your I-Spy quilt!!! I think I might borrow it, soon. I have at least 2 more of them to do and LOTS of I-Spy fabrics pre-cut. *grin*

Tks for sharing!

Ro

Betsy said...

I love this quilt! The colors are bright and fun.