Here is the finished quilt. Sorry I couldn't get a really good picture of it as my cutting table is in the way :-). You can read the original story behind this quilt, and why it's called "Menopause" on this blog post.
This is the backing I used..it's a navy blue toile depicting a winter scene with sleigh rides and skating. I thought this would be appropriate to 'cool' off the colours on the other side!
The blocks in the quilt:
Susan in Texas suggested that I add a border of pinwheels to provide 'cooling breezes' for the quilt :-). Thanks so much for that suggestion Susan...it was perfect way to use up a lot of scraps from the blocks. Pinwheel production:
I added an orange button in the middle of each pinwheel block. Besides looking cute, it also covers up any unmatched centers :-).
Not sure if you can see the funky flowers quilted in the borders. Click on the photo to enlarge it for a better view:
I quilted leaves in the top and bottom striped borders:
The quilting on one of the blocks is shown here. The center blocks had straight line quilting on it and I added some buttons in the center of some of the blocks to match the pinwheel squares.
Now to decide which of my many UFO's gets a turn next. But, my new Kaffe Fasset fabrics are calling out to me to play! Maybe I'll squeeze in a little new project :-)