Saturday 7 May 2011

Jasmine and Richard's Log Cabin Quilt

My niece, Jasmine got married today in a lovely outdoor wedding in the park. The weather was perfect. I made a log cabin quilt completely from my stash of beiges and greens. I used up the leftover strips to make a piano key border. The only thing I had to buy was the batting. I even had the backing, a Debbie Mumm garden print I've had in the house for years. It was the perfect colour for this quilt. I forgot to take a picture of the backing. Here is the finished quilt:

A closeup of the quilting. I used a Bernina 817 that is a little stiff from sitting around for years...I gave it a good workout meandering across the whole quilt. It made a perfect stitch and passed the free motion quilting test with flying colours :-).

4 comments:

LiahonaGirl said...

How great that you were able to make a gorgeous stash quilt. I love when that happens. Your niece will love the quilt. I make wedding quilts for each of my nieces and nephews as well -- and in fact tonight at a family party I'm presenting two wedding quilts to nephews who got married in the past few months. (I'm obviously not as organized as you to have them done by the wedding!)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Congratulations on getting the quilt done before the wedding! It is beautiful!

Ellen said...

What a gorgeous quilt and such a great wedding gift. It is so good that you were able to make it completely from stash!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's awesome! What a wonderful wedding gift...and made on time...wow! I'm usually way late with those kinds of things!