Saturday 23 April 2016

Stacked cups and saucers

My friend Els, came to visit me from Holland last summer and brought me a set of 7 Kaffe Fasset FQ's pictured below (bottom prints).  She also brought Maaike Bakker's Teetering Cups pattern.  I chose a pattern that had 7 cups and matched up aboriginal dots colours for each print to use in the handles and saucer edges.  This is a paper pieced pattern.  It was a lot of fun to make.  I will hang it in my kitchen as a reminder of a great visit with my friend!

The bottom prints are the fabrics I received from Els
close up of the quilting
I quilted straight lines back and forth around the cups to cover up the seams from the paper piecing :-)
I used the same colour thread in the back so it wouldn't go through the front...here you can see the quilting.
The finished wallhanging.

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute! I collect teapots, so, teacups are great, too.