Friday 29 April 2016

The Indian Orange Peel is FINISHED!!

The Indian Orange Peel was finally finished in March!  I had my design wall empty for a change so I could take a few pictures for a blog post.  I started this project in November 2010.  It's been a long journey.  It is difficult to keep something like this out so it can be worked on regularly.  I laid it out on my spare bed with the units pinned to a table cloth, but when we had company, it got carefully rolled up and then it would be "out of sight, out of mind" for long periods of time. The quilt is done mostly with Kaffe Fasset Fabrics with some additions from friends in the original class who were also working on this quilt.

To see the whole journey of this quilt, click on the label "Indian Orange Peel' and all the posts on this quilt's progress will come up.

The bottom left corner.

top corner

I did a simple curved line (organic line) quilting inspired by Jacquie Gering's blog.  I didn't want to do fancy custom quilting to take away from the overall design of the piecing.  This simple quilting (shown on the back of the quilt) with a variegated King Tut thread, worked very well and I could do it myself :-).

Finished quilt

The finished quilt.  The instructor said we should use an eye catching colour like yellow in the bottom left corner of the quilt.  I really like how there's a 'streak of light' going through the quilt.  I'm also very happy to have it finished :-)

5 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilt! Woohoo! Pat yourself on the back for this one.

Maureeneh said...

Great job-wonderful quilt!!

Margie West said...

Wow! What a beauty!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

I saw it in real life this weekend Jacqui and it is gorgeous! Fantastic job!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

What a beautiful quilt!