Monday 30 May 2016

Suburbs

"Suburbs", a layer cake quilt by Cluck Cluck Sew patterns, finally got a label today and it's all finished!  I took this project along with me when we rented a trailer up north for a week.  This was probably three, maybe four, years ago already.  I got all the blocks done while on holidays and did assemble them into a top somewhere along the line :-).  It was waiting to be quilted, but I finally decided to send it off to a local long arm quilter who was looking for some quilts to work on.  It is a fairly large lap quilt and I have lots of smaller projects to work on.  Very happy that it's now all finished!  I have started to set aside lap quilts to give to my grand kids when they graduate from grade 12.  My oldest grandson starts High School this year, so I feel really organized to have four quilts finished for that purpose! (Click on the photo for a larger view.)

The beautiful quilting done by Julie Cassidy.

The quilting was done with a variegated King Tut thread.
The finished quilt (my apologies for the crooked photo...I'm a quilter, not a photographer LOL).

I found this backing in a sale bin for $4.99 a yard!  Love it when you find backings for such a good deal :-).  The binding was from my stash as well and happens to be from the same designer as the layer cake.

I love house quilts!


3 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I would lobe to live in that neighbourhood!

Brenda said...

looks great!

pwl said...

So pretty!