Saturday 23 September 2017

Row by Row

September and October are supposed to be for sewing the row patterns accumulated during the summer.  I have been picking up patterns for several years, but have not made that many of them.  I am hoping to spend some time this winter working on my favourites.  The first pattern I picked up was in 2014 from Greenwood Quiltery in Guelph, which is no longer in business unfortunately.  This is the row that I finally made two years later.  I figured out a way to hang them up by putting four command strip hooks on the wall and sewing plastic curtain rings to the back of the row.  I can easily switch them out at different times of the year. 
(click on the photo to enlarge)

First row I made from 2014
I also picked up a hanger for vertical rows from the year of the Water theme.
This one was from Creative Sisters in Kitchener from 2015 which had the theme of water.  This hung in my husband's chemistry classroom and the students had fun figuring out why the letters H to O were on the quilt :-).

This row was from E & E's Cloth and Creations in Newton ON for 2015's theme, Water.  I made this one for my friend in the Netherlands, but do have another kit so I can make myself one someday.



This is 2016's theme, Home Sweet Home and is also from E & E's in Newton.  I've picked up this year's winter themed one and am working on it already :-).
This is the spot where my horizontal rows hang above my spool cabinet.  It sure provides many warm feelings of the shops that I've visited.


3 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Wonderful selection of row Quilts and thank you for sharing your method of hanging them

Maureeneh said...

After seeing your Row quilts, I might just dig into the bag of kits that I have purchased and never got around to making. Great job!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I really like the H to O one. My daddy was a Culligan man (as is my brother). Perfect for guys who deal with water.