Wednesday 11 December 2019

Good Fortune Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt finished

The Bonnie Hunter mystery from 2018, Good Fortune, is finished.  I got it finished before the new mystery started, but I'm going to pass this year although the colours were very tempting 😀.  But I am resisting so I can get back to working on ufo's again.  

This was a fun mystery which is made entirely from my neutral and Kaffe Fasset stashes!  And, that didn't put a dent in either stash yet. I was a little worried using the large scale prints, but they worked well.   I am very happy with the way it turned out.  
(Click on the photo to enlarge for a better view.)


Finished quilt

The perfect striped binding was in my stash too and I was one strip short and my neighbour had the exact fabric!!

Close up of the blocks

Here you can see the beautiful quilting my neighbour Chris did on her longarm quilting machine

The label and Kaffe Fassett backing.  It was a little more pink than I wanted, but it was in my stash so I used it up.

Backing

June 29, 2022 Granddaughter, Lauren, chose this quilt for her graduation from grade 12 gift :-).

2 comments:

Idle hands, empty brain ... said...

Fabulous colours Jacqui!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilt. Glad your neighbor had the striped fabric.