Saturday 21 December 2019

Three Baby quilts finished

Last month there were two showers for new babies.  I was only able to attend one of them, but passed on the other quilt to the new baby's aunt to add to the gifts at the shower.  

The first baby quilt was for Allison and John's new baby, Taylor.  I had picked up a kit at The Quilt Kitchen in Exeter in the spring.  I had to cut the striped fabric along the short side of the FQ's to make the stripes go across the strips instead of lengthwise.  I did have more fabric of three of the stripes, and managed to make the fourth one work with leftover pieces.  It love the way it turned out...happy 😀.  

The finished quilt
I quilted this one with diagonal lines along the seams

Found a Tula Pink backing for it which had all the colours in it.
The second quilt was the last of the One Block Wonder quilts using the Dr. Suess book panel.  The other two quilts can be seen here and here.  This one was for Leda and Mike's baby, Colton.  Leda can read Spanish so I managed to find "Green Eggs and Ham" in Spanish to add to the gift.
 
The original panel
The finished quilt

This one was quilted with straight lines across the quilt

Loved the individual blocks that came out of the hexagons
Backing
The last quilt was for Caroline and Kyle's baby, Callie.  I had this top finished already.  It was a free pattern off the internet and I've made it a few times and went back to credit the pattern designer and cannot find it anywhere.  I tried searching by photo and it matches colours of the fabrics, but not the pattern.  If I ever find it again, I will add the credit!  If you purchase enough length of the two solid fabrics, you can make two quilts at a time...bonus.  You can see the opposite quilt, plus another colour way of the same pattern here.  

Finished quilt

I quilted it all over with a floral pattern on my vintage Bernina 830.
Backing with a matching Kaffe Fassett fabric

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I really like the Dr. Seuss quilt. I need to make 4 baby quilts in the Spring.