Friday 27 March 2020

A quilt for my niece

My niece got married in November and I put together Canadian blocks from the 401 quilt run that I participated in with three friends in 2016.  There were 14 shops to visit all along Hwy 401 which runs through south western Ontario.  This shop hop features shops east of Toronto.   We had a great time on our trip and two of us collected the block kits with a Canadian theme.  I set the blocks on point after making two more blocks from leftovers from the generous kits.  I found some black with cream maple leafs which worked well for the setting squares and triangles.  This works up quite quickly as there are no borders to add.  It was again quilted by my neighbour Chris Bogart with the maple syrup pantograph.  Wishing Karen and Brent many happy years together!
(click on the photo to enlarge them)

There wasn't quite enough backing left from another quilt but I made it work by adding a map of Canada panel.
The finished quilt.
This quilt was also quilted by Chris Bogart using the "maple syrup" pantograph.

This picture shows the colours more accurately.

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great blocks in the quilt, and I like the map of Canada on the back.