Tuesday 6 July 2021

Comfort quilts

 The Hearts and Hands Quilt guild that I belong to had a get together in the park this week and we brought along all the quilts we've been working on for the past months to give to our local hospital's chemo unit.  Each person coming for treatment gets to choose a quilt to keep them warm and bring them love during this difficult time in their lives.  Fifty quilts were brought in this time.  We had a wonderful show and share seeing all the quilts.  

I had two quilts that were finished over the last while.  We had received a donation of a bundle of Fat quarters and I used them to make these two quilts.  Click on the photo for a larger view.

Half square triangles are arranged to form diamonds. 

Chris Bogart quilted it for me with this lovely butterfly pantograph which really suited the fabrics


This quilt was made from strips from the same fabric bundle.  The pattern is called One Way from the Purple Pineapple Studio.  The pattern is on a postcard and the price was very reasonable.

I decided to quilt this one myself and tried out a funky swirly flower which worked well using a light blue thread.

quilting closeup

 

No comments: