Saturday 2 October 2021

Summer in the Garage

 I've been very negligent on my blog!  We have been working in the garage fixing up many sewing machines this summer.  The pandemic has given people time to rediscover sewing and many people have hauled sewing machines out of closets that have been sitting there for years so they could make their own face masks, etc.  We are now in the process of cleaning things up so that we can get both cars in the garage after Thanksgiving!

I did work on some UFO's and have finally had a little time to start sorting out my sewing room.  I'm hoping to blog about some finished items in the next few weeks.

This Kenmore sewing machine weighs a ton, but it purred once it was serviced.  A wonderful vintage machine that sewed through multiple layers of fabric and battings!  I enjoyed testing this one, but it is definitely not a portable ☺!

Here is the table where I test machines during the summer.  We had a great summer, but now it's time to clean it all up again.  Sewing machine repair and testing will now be moved to my sewing room again.

 

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hubby has the garage for his saws and tools. I have to clean machines on the kitchen island, so, I don't get much done (too much moving things back and forth so we can eat).