Tuesday 10 January 2023

Disappearing 9 patch

 In October, my friend Els,  came for a two week visit from Holland.  We had a lot of fun in the sewing room and gallivanting to quilt shops in the area.  One day, Rachel of Stitched in Colour, posted the Disappearing 9 patch! I've done a lot of disappearing 9 patches cut straight, but had not seen the diagonally sliced method.  I showed it to Els and we decided to give it a try.  You know you have too much fabric when we had no trouble finding a huge stack of floral FQ's to easily make a lap quilt.  The quilt was very quick to cut and sew together and in no time, we had the top together.  A very fun project to do with the two of us.  

My neighbour across the street, Chris Bogart, quilted it for me on her long arm machine using a lovely butterfly motif and I used a stripe for the binding that went with the line of florals we used for the blocks.  The quilt turned out lovely and is heading for our local chemo unit through the Hearts and Hands Quilt guild I belong to.  Each person going through treatments for cancer in our local hospital gets to choose a quilt from the stack we make all year.

This really did make a happy quilt!


The lovely butterfly quilting.

 

No comments: