Wednesday 25 August 2010

...garbage goes high class!

I'm collecting Kaffe Fasset fabric to make an Indian Orange Peel quilt by Karen Stone in November. A group of us from our local quilt guild are going to take a class. I washed and pressed all the lovely colors and trimmed the selvages off. I decided to make a special Handy Snippet catcher out of these lovely selvages :-). How's that for a high class way of collecting garage eh? Here are the selvages sewn onto a foundation:

The thread catcher inside and pin cushion:
The outside:
The finished project!

3 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

I need to make a high class garbage container too! It is next on my list once I finish my current selvage project. Kaffe Fasset would be proud to use your garbage container!

Quilts and Cats said...

VERY High Class!! Fantastic job. Garbage containers never looked so good.

Jenny said...

Very clever - what a great use of those selvages we all used to throw away.

Jenny from New Zealand