Monday 2 August 2010

...home again! New sewing machine :-)

We are home again after a two week vacation in Ottawa. We antiqued and visited every quilt shop we came across :-). I will post a picture of some of the lovely fabrics I got when I get them ironed. We also found a few sewing machines to add to the archives, but they still have to be cleaned up. We were in an antique shop in a small town somewhere between Peterborough and Ottawa where I found this cute little treasure. It's a Limoges miniature sewing machine. We found this in a delightful shop with all kinds of nooks and crannies run by a little old lady. We had a delightful chat with her and this one came home to live with me :-).


It has found a little spot in our corner mirrored shelf (a yard sale find from last year). It looks quite at home there.

1 comment:

Susan In Texas said...

That's one cabinet with a theme! I love the Casige (sp) sewing machines. I've never heard of that brand. Where and when were they sold? Love your latest acquisition; Limoge is so lovely!

Happy sewing,
Susan in Texas