Thursday 13 June 2019

National Sewing Machine Day

Apparently today is national sewing machine day so I thought I'd post a few pictures of some of our machines:

We acquired this Canadian machine in 2016.  It's a Little Wanzer made in Hamilton, ON in 1867.  It has the date etched in it.  Fun to have a machine made in Canada's founding year.

A beautiful Raymond No 1 - made in Guelph, ON

A lovely Gardner treadle machine also made in Hamilton ON.

A Singer 15 with the Canadian National Exhibition badge from 1939

A lovely Singer 99 given to us by an older man in our town

The Singer 99 also has the Canadian National Exhibition badge from 1939

My Singer 15-88 treadle machine from 1951 that I use almost daily

Singer 27 made in 1904 exactly like the treadle sewing machine that I learned to sew on.
Just a small sampling of the 150+ sewing machines in our collection :-).  Happy National Sewing Machine day!

2 comments:

Betty Lou said...

They are all so beautiful, I wish they could talk and tell us some of the stories of where they have been and what they sewn.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely machines! I think I have one machine from Canada (a Singer 15).