Tuesday 24 November 2020

Another long overdue project finished :-)

 I worked in a quilt shop in Hamilton for almost two years when my husband went back to University to obtain a teaching degree. One of the classes taught was a quilt as you go table topper.  Backing and batting were cut a little larger than the finished size and then a center square chosen.  Each border was added and stitched through the batting and backing forming the quilting as if it was stitched in the ditch.  I made this topper as a Christmas gift for my Mom.  After she passed away, I got it back and thought it needed a little more quilting.  I quilted a design in the center and then got sidetracked and did not get it finished.  A few years ago I did the outside border and one other border.  This year I finally finished all the borders.  It is a great memory of my Mom as well as of my time working at this quilt shop ☺.  (Click on the photo to enlarge.)


I used a stencil to draw a motif in the center block and filled it in with lines.

Straight lines in the green borders and the red border has snowflakes which are hard to see on the busy fabric


The outside border got some feathers and the white border some simple loops

 

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I quilted double feathers in the borders for my inlaws quilt earlier this year. I'm hoping that I don't get that one back for a long time.

Chris said...

I remember those days.
You cut lots of fabric for me.