Monday 30 November 2020

Tablerunner update

 In June 2019, I finished this table runner. I was happy with it, but it always felt like it wasn't quite what I had in mind originally and it looked like it needed a bit more quilting.  I came across it this week and finally had a brainstorm to add some more quilting with a green thread and maybe a gold?  I added the green rows and that was exactly what I had in mind!  Finished finally!  Here are a few pictures of the added green straight quilting lines.  This really is a matchstick quilting project!!


green rows added - there are white rows of straight line quilting between each of the coloured rows


The original quilting

With the added green stitches

It looks great on my kitchen table with a bowl of fall gourds

1 comment:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Those green lines finish it off perfectly!