Sunday 3 October 2021

Curved Flying Geese Workshop

Another UFO finished!

This is how far I got at the workshop.  There were two more flying geese rows to attach.

 In November of 2014, I took a workshop at the London Friendship Quilt Guild taught by Susan Clark.  We were instructed to take some leftover quilt blocks along, some background fabric and scraps. The quilt blocks were leftover from this row quilt from 2011.   I took along some hand dyed fabrics that I bought at a quilt shop on Salt Spring Island while visiting my sister and some KF scraps.  This was a really fun workshop with a unique method of inserting these strips.  Of course, I didn't get to finishing it right away and then it became a daunting task.  During the pandemic, I joined the London Friendship Quilt Guild UFO group and got it finished.  Then I got to blogging it and never finished the blog post!  Summer hit and we were outside!  I just found this half started post in my drafts.  Better late than never ☺!

The finished wallhanging

I found a lovely Kaffe print in my stash for the backing

a great memory of my visit to Salt Spring Island and a lovely quilt workshop


 

2 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

That is an oldie! Great finish! I don’t think I ever finished mine!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

How pretty! I love the moving Flying Geese. I'd love to learn that technique one day.