Thursday 14 October 2021

Wool Applique project

 On January 18, 2014, I joined a workshop given by the London Friendship Quilt Guild taught by Jill Buckley on wool applique and embroidery embellishment.  This was a really fun workshop.  I finished the top and all the embroidery and beading a long time ago, but every time I dug it out of my ufo bin of items to be quilted, I froze and couldn't decide how to quilt it.  A couple of weeks ago I had it in my hands again and made myself put the needle down and step on the pedal of my sewing machine and get it done!  It only took a few hours!   It really is true that you just need to start sewing and something will happen ☺!  So happy that it is finished finally.  I hope to hang it in my sewing room. 

(click on the photo to enlarge for a better view)

I quilted it on my Bernina 830 vintage machine

I found a few filler ideas in various machine quilting books.

The batik insert looked a little puffy when the dense quilting was finished in the black area so I hand quilted along some of the lines and added beads to the darker areas.


The finished wall hanging

The whole class with our projects (photo courtesy of Gail McHardy-Leitch).

 

1 comment:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Looks great, Jacqui! It was a fun class!