Monday 4 June 2007

Lemon Braid Quilt

I took a class at the Quilt Rack in Ancaster where I worked for two years. It was taught by Jackie Syers and based on the Friendship Braid Quilt from the book, "Open a Can of Worms" by Debbie Caffrey. This is a really fun pattern. I already posted a picture earlier of another one that I made for my niece's wedding, but this was the first quilt I did from this pattern. Lucy Rowntree, the owner of the Quilt Rack, quilted this quilt on her long arm machine for me for Christmas. She did a wonderful job on the quilt! I made the quilt for my husband, Jake, since I never made him a quilt yet. Lucy chose 'teacher' fabric for the backing since Jake is a teacher. I picked music notes for the binding as he is one of the organists in our Church :-).

This is the backing of the quilt showing some of the lovely quilting.

The quilting on the front:


3 comments:

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

The music fabric is perfect as the binding! I will definitely use this idea on the quilt for my organist/choirmaster!

Bonnie

comicbooklady said...

A beautiful quilt! and a nice blog, I'll be back!

Nettie said...

love how those colors look woven together on the front. Beautiful, dramatic quilt.