Tuesday, 10 September 2019

Another UFO finished

Finally finished the binding on the last of a set of four table toppers/runners this morning.  This was my first attempt at a using 6 panels for a OBW.  I bought this panel in a very good clearance, but there were only 6 panels so I could not keep one intact to incorporate into a lap quilt.  So, I decided to make table runners with them, grouping the blocks into like colours.   
(Click on the photos to enlarge for a better view.)

the original panel

I added triangles between the blocks which really shows the design in each block ☺

quilting in the center

corners were quilted with straight lines

This layout was set with a lime green shot cotton.  This resulted in a totally different look!

quilting in the center

funky feathers in the border

I had enough random rust coloured blocks left to space them symmetrically and added a thanksgiving print for the border.

this one is quilted with straight lines in the border and 'orange peel' quilting in the blocks

I was going to throw these out as they were quite boring, but the Dutch frugality wouldn't let me LOL.  It turned out very nice with the dark red setting triangles and borders.  Every block was used up in the runners ☺.

quilting

the orange peel quilting in the blocks works very well for OBW blocks.
Happy to check four more UFO's off the list!