Thursday 22 November 2007

Micah's quilt


I got sidetracked again from my UFO's (unfinished objects) to make this quilt for Micah, a 5 year old boy who is having serious surgery today. Of course he needed a quilt to give him hugs :-). I dug out this cowboy fabric and matched up squares to go with it, but it was too busy for the border. I had lots of it, so used it on the back instead. With the 7" squares I had, I could cut them in half and use rectangles for the borders. I really like this layout and will use it more often.

The quilt is meandered as I was in a hurry to get it finished and I used a wonderful variegated multi coloured thread which I purchased at the Marsh Store. The label says, "Superior Threads, Rainbows trilobal polyester and it was colour no. 842.
These I spy quilts are so fun to work on. The quilt was pieced on a Singer 403 electric machine from the 1960's (my trusty treadle needs to be serviced :-) and quilted on a vintage Bernina minimatic model 807.

Now back to the UFO's after I clean up my sewing room!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So FUN! A real boy quilt :0) Glad you got it done on time!

Lori said...

How thoughtful of you Jacqui...I heard from my Dad that there was some serious concerns about a little boy in your church. I hope and pray that all will go well for him and his family...

Household of Faith said...

That was sweet of you! I am sure he loved it. Looks like a nice warm and cozy quilt!

bingo~bonnie said...

I realy like your layout too - I have been meaning to make an I-Spy quilt for uham... over 2 years now!!! the hardest part is deciding on a layout. All my 3.5" squares are cut I just need time to play with them and come up with a setting. ~Bonnie