Wednesday 2 April 2008

Bag fun!

I have wanted a large bag to take quilts along to workshops and guild meetings. This Kwik Sew pattern looked really nice. I didn't have time to make one so I commissioned my friend Joan to make it for me.

There are pockets inside and roomy pockets on the outside:

There was extra fabric so I grabbed a piece, paired it with some lime green floral for lining and whipped up this little lunch bag to match. The pattern is in a magazine called Fast & Fabulous Quilting Ideas 2008 from Better Homes & Gardens. I got it at Walmart. I fell in love with the lunch bag right away. It sews up very quickly. I hope to try it out with my matching bag for a workshop at my guild next week. It isn't really big so if you'd want to make a man sized one, you could just cut the pieces larger.

I thought the pattern for the lunch bag would be cute for little gift bags or candy bags, so I tried out a couple different styles. I cut the front and back of the bag 4" x 5 1/2". The lunch bag style needs a bit of tweaking as I made the loop too big and it's not quite centered. I do like the left one best. I sewed the ribbon into the side seam. Now to find some chocolates to put in it :-).

No comments: