Thursday 14 August 2008

Vintage Thursdays!

My quilt buddy, Nancy mentioned an interesting blog on her site Confessions of an Apron Queen and since I love vintage items, I thought I'd try and post a few items on Thursdays. Now, this is not strictly a vintage item, but a reproduction fabric print which I picked up at Cherished Pieces. As soon as I saw this print, I fell in love with it and bought a yard of it. I haven't a clue what I'm going to do with it!

Since that's not technically a vintage item :-), here is a sewing machine that I recently received as a gift from a fellow collector. It's from the 1950's, 1960's era and sews very nicely. It's a basic zigzag and straight stitch machine with a drop in bobbin and also has the capacity to insert cams in the top for different embroidery stitches. I have lots of cams in my collection and hope to sit down one of these days and have fun with them.


I just love the curved front cabinet and the detail on the cabinet legs. There's also a matching stool with the same detail in the legs.

Next Thursday, I'll post a picture of a green sewing machine :-).

No comments: