Friday 25 May 2012

Insanity revisited....

After finishing my mini tulip quilt a few weeks ago, I had a couple of friends over to sew together.  They wanted to try one too!  I was going to stick to my resolution to work on UFO's and besides, I had vowed that I would never do another mini tulip quilt!  When I had posted that sentiment on face book, my sister commented "Oh dear, I was hoping for one in red, yellow and blue!"  Amy and Lynn really wanted to try these little tulips, and Amy reminded me that I could do a little quilt for my sister and join them.  Since my sister had her birthday on May 13th, I succumbed to peer pressure (yes, at my age!!) and decided to join them.

All our mini tulip blocks

blue border.?

or red border???
Blue border won out and since I couldn't decide which colour lippy to go with, I added one of each :-)

The little quilt measures about 5" x 7"
My sister was 'over the moon' with her little quilt.  It was worth it :-)!!

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Oh My Gosh! Those tulips are so tiny! Such a cute quilt. I love all the colors and the borders.

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm so happy to see these beautiful little blocks being appreciated!! Warms my heart!