Tuesday 11 December 2012

Jenn and Dietrich's Quilt

This quilt has been finished for quite a long time, but we wanted to connect and visit with Jenn and Dietrich to bring the quilt, which was not finished on time for their June wedding.  I did get it completed in July, but with our schedules, we finally had a chance to have that lovely coffee visit last Friday evening.  We enjoyed seeing their home, chatting and having yummy apple crisp done in the crockpot.

I used the same pattern, Split Decision, that I used for another wedding quilt in black and white, but added purple to it.  Jenn painted one wall in her living room a lovely light Easter Egg mauvy colour. I raided my 2 1/2" drawer and retrieved all the leftover blacks and whites that I used for the other quilt and added any purples that I could find.  There are even Kaffe Fassett fabrics in here :-).   The final layout of the blocks:

  
The finished quilt:


 I took a workshop with Elaine Quehl in May, though the London Friendship Quilt Guild and stretched myself on free motion quilting and decided to get brave and try some swirly flowers on this quilt.  I was very happy with the way it turned out:



I was very excited to find this lovely dark purple backing in the sale bin at a local fabric shop :-).  The binding and the quilting on the back:


I think this is a pattern that I will use often!! (Click on the photos for a larger view.)

3 comments:

Sarah by the Sea said...

Wow, Aunt Jacqui it's beautiful! Great job! :)

Mary-Kay said...

That quilt is beautiful and your quilting is beautiful also! Did you do that on a regular machine or a long-arm? Either way, it's still beautiful, your quilting is awesome. Very nice!

Els said...

Wow Jacqui that is gorgeous!
I like the quilting you did!
Need a lot of practice, I guess?
LOL! Very well done.