Friday 1 September 2017

Emma's JK Quilt

I was going through some photos awhile back and realized I had never posted pictures of my granddaughter Emma's JK quilt which I finished a year ago!  Emma came over for dinner and chose 5" squares from my I spy stash and placed them carefully on the design wall.  She chose a backing fabric from my stash and we decided to use pink and purple solids to add corners to make snowball blocks.  I've made a lot of I spy quilts already, but thoroughly enjoy each one.

choosing squares for her quilt

Emma was very meticulous about keeping the piles neat and putting the squares in straight rows on the design wall :-)

Lots of fun squares and fabric chosen for the backing
the finished quilt

quilting in the blocks

border quilting

backing




2 comments:

Maureeneh said...

So nice to see your granddaughter being so involved in the designing of her quilt!

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a great way to mark the beginning of your grandchildren's adventures at school!