Friday 28 September 2018

Table runner finishes!

I have been working on the table runners on my UFO list off and on since Christmas.  During the Christmas holidays I spent some time playing with rulers and trying out some free motion ideas on various table runners.  The decision of what to quilt on each one is the most difficult!  Then I just follow Lori Kennedy's advice and sit down, put the needle into the quilt and start sewing and see what happens ☺.  Table runners are great small pieces to have fun with and if you don't like the look of it, just add more quilting and it always turns out.  If I still don't like it, I just use it outside on my patio table.

This brings my UFO list down to 79 projects. Click here to see the original UFO post :-).   Some of these are very near being finished or just need to be blogged yet, so I'm making good project on that list.  I have another pile of table runners that I hope to start quilting next week.

This is a very old UFO. 

I did some machine quilting in it years ago and then I started adding hand quilting in the borders.  It finally got finished as well and gifted to a niece and nephew
This was a fun border stripe which lent itself to a very quick and easy table runner by cutting out 60 degree triangles.  It was a great one to practice free motion quilting on.
I just followed the trees and wavy lines which worked well. 
This was a fun way to use Christmas scraps and try out my 15 degree Creative Grids ruler.

I just quilted wavy lines down the length with a gold thread.

One of my students did the one on the left...it shrinks a "little" when you sew it together :-).
This was an experiment in small log cabins to see if I could figure out how to add the diamonds around the outside.  I was inspired by a class I took with Marci Baker on "Not your grandmother's log cabin".  The diamonds are made with two log cabin diamonds and stitched together.  Worked slick.

I used my new Westalee circles ruler to quilt the center and the stitch in the ditch ruler to do the lines in the outer border.

This was a fun quick and easy quilt using half hexagons. 
I quilted circles in the centers but it seems like it still needs something else in there.  Not sure what, but I'll add something if I get a brainstorm.
This quilt was made using the Quick Curved Ruler
I used the Westalee arc ruler to echo some lines in the curved stars.



This was the perfect backing for this runner.
This is an old UFO as well done with the Little Twister ruler with a few Kaffe Fasset charm squares.
This is quilted with simple diagonal lines.

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You've been busy finishing things. Good for you! I made around 40 of the 60 degree table runners a few years ago. They are fun and easy to quilt.