Thursday 30 January 2020

Pincushions!

Last summer I went to the Quilt Kitchen in Exeter, Ontario, Canada.  This is a wonderful store full of all kinds of inspiration!  At the counter, they had a display of cute pincushions in a large glass vase and the book, "Pin Pals" by Carrie Nelson.  I bought the book and began to make pincushions from some cut offs from making stars, etc.  I also made some with selvages.  So much fun!  Last summer I found the perfect glass canister to store my pincushions in and it even has a lid to keep the dust out!  Last night I added four more pincushions to the stash.


These triangle squares came from the cut offs of a tulip quilt I made for a friend.

I found a scrap of Dr. Suess in my scrap basket that worked perfectly for the back.

Three selvage pincushions.

The backs of the selvage pincushions.

The pincushion jar.

The back of the pincushion jar.

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You can never have too many pin cushions. Cute!