Tuesday 27 May 2008

Natalie's I spy quilt

Just finished Natalie's I spy quilt on the weekend and brought it over yesterday. It was fun working on a girl's I spy this time. I finally found Princess fabric! That had to go into the quilt along with Dora the Explorer, Thomas the tank engine, McDonald's fabric, etc. etc. Natalie is the sister of Micah and Joshua who also have an I spy quilt. I decided to set this one in rows up and down for variation. The borders ended up with squares in it so that I would have enough length to use the funky flowers :-).

I had a large piece of yellow flannel to use for backing. The quilt is quilted with funky flowers and little swirls in between and also swirls in the narrow yellow sashings.
Here is a bit of a closeup of the quilting from the front:

Closeup of the border quilting:

The quilt was quilted on my vintage Bernina 807 Minimatic.

1 comment:

Elly D said...

This is very cute Jacqui, love the quilting on it. You're a good advert for these old machines... I really must get my 201k cleaned up properly.
Ellyx