Thursday 30 December 2010

Doll clothes for Kara, Lauren and Leah

This year it was Kara's turn to get a doll bed, quilt and diaper bag from Grandma. She turned 3 in October and I gave her the doll last year. I was running out of time (I got finished at 1:30 Christmas Eve and the party was starting at 3:00 :-). I dug through my drawer of 2" strips and chose pinks and greens and yellows and sewed them to the batting and backing "quilt as you go" style. Pink binding around the quilt and it's finished!

This is the back of the quilt:

A sleep sack for Kara's baby. Lauren and Leah got one of these 2 years ago, so now all their dollies are matching:


The doll bed and quilt:

Diaper bag with fitted cloth diapers, plastic toy lotions, powders, spoon, fork, etc.

The rest of the diaper bag goodies:

Granddaughter Lauren is 6 and got her baby three years ago already. But which Mommy doesn't like a new party dress for her baby eh? The fabric was leftover from my niece's bridesmaids' dresses:

Leah (4) got a dark green velvet dress for her baby:

3 comments:

Mary-Kay said...

I love the doll clothes and the quilt is really cute. Nice work!

Peggy said...

Awww...what a wonderful keepsake gift for a little girl!

Emily Wielinga said...

Yaaaa I'm not the only one who sews doll clothes!!! :) Everyone thinks I'm rediculous for doing it... But I don't.
-It was nice seeing you on Sunday!!!