Sunday 26 November 2017

John and Allison's wedding quilt

We had two weddings on the same weekend in September.  John and Allison were married on a Friday night and I also missed the shower for her wedding which was held in August.  So, I made a pillow to match the wedding quilt for her and gifted it with the quilt.   I found some quilt blocks in a drawer which I had started a few years ago and never had occasion to finish.  So another UFO was completed :-).  It's so long ago I started this quilt I have no idea where I found the pattern....I think in a magazine.  So I cannot credit the pattern.  But, I used this tutorial once again for putting the zipper into the back of the pillow.


Back of pillow

Front of pillow quilted with wavy lines and stuffed with the 16" x 26" IKEA pillow form.

Finished quilt

I quilted it all over with a King Tut variegated thread and large funky flowers.




No comments: