Saturday 28 March 2020

The Quilter's Field Guide to Colour part 3

Since today was a rainy day and it was Saturday, I played with more colour and continued making more bear paw blocks representing the rest of the seasons.  I did the spring blocks yesterday in this blog post.  It was a lot of fun rooting through my scraps (and a few special fabrics from my stash) and finding the right colours and moods for the swatches I chose to represent the various seasons.  Here are the results of today's fun.
(Click on the photos to enlarge.)


First half of the colours I picked for the four seasons

Second half of the colours for the seasons

Winter bear paw block

Fall bear paw block...I couldn't decide which colour to use for the paws so I did two.

Here are the summer blocks.  I made a mistake and cut too many paws so I cut more background and focus fabric since you can't have too much summer, right? ☺

Here are all my blocks so far.



No comments: