Saturday 24 April 2021

Canada/Hockey jelly roll race quilt

 This morning we delivered a jelly roll race quilt with a Canadian theme to friends of ours.  He's going through treatments for cancer so a quilt was needed for him and his wife ☺.  I started out with a camping theme as they have a trailer so I figured they could use the quilt in their trailer if they are able to get away this summer.  However, all my camping fabrics were pink or more suited for children.  I spotted the panel that I used on the back at a quilt shop and ordered it online.  When I got it in the mail, I noticed it said "hockey" on it.  Our friends are avid hockey fans too so that gave me the idea to do the jelly roll race in Canadian fabrics.  I used 54 strips of Canadian fabrics (2 of each print) and the quilt turned out to be 59" x 64 1/2".  They loved the quilt and we pray it will help a little to know others are thinking of them while they go through a difficult time. (Click on the photo for to enlarge.)

The colours look a little yellow as the morning sun was shining on the quilt.

Some of the prints in the quilt.  I was thrilled to find the maple syrup fabric awhile ago

The poppy fabrics are among my favourite Canadian prints


The Canadian word panel which I used in the back of the quilt

 
My friend sent a picture of the quilt in her family room with her teddy enjoying it 😀.  This photo shows the colours of the quilt quite accurately.

2 comments:

Marlene Z said...

We really LOVE it! It truly is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks again Jacqui. It has already reminded us several times the friends are thinking of us and praying for us.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilt. It will give him lots to look at while he gets his chemo.