Saturday 17 April 2021

Kaffe Fasset Mystery Quilt finishes

In 2018, Hyggeligt hosted Kaffe Fasset's mystery quilt.  I had kept up quite nicely with the blocks until the 2nd last month and then life got in the way.  I got them out last summer and finished all the blocks.  But, I didn't want another queen sized quilt so decided to play with the arrangements until I could come up with two lap quilts.  The fabrics with the kit were generous so I was able to make up a few extra blocks in the right colours and dug into my stash to make the two quilts work.  I'm very happy with how they turned out.  My neighbour across the street, Chris Bogart quilted then both with a nice overall design and they are now in the grandkids' graduation quilt collection. (click on the photos to enlarge)

First clue and instructions plus a little gift of FQ's

The shipment came in a handy box to store all the instructions and first blocks

We received a lovely gift of some KF FQ's

                                      

This is the first quilt with the blues and cool greens

I had a lovely Kaffe print which I could use for the back

A rounded swirly pantograph for the quilting that Chris used


The second quilt made of the rest of the  warmer colours plus additions
close up of the quilting

This backing was one of those lovely internet purchases where I sent Chantal at Hyggeligt a photo of the top and asked what she would recommend for backing.  She just got this in and I ordered it right away and it was perfect!

 

These two quilts were finally finished and bound in early March.

 

3 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Did you put that lattice screen on to hold quilts? It works well. Great additions to the grad quilt pile

The Cozy Quilter said...

*up. Not on!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice quilts. Yes, that backing is great for that quilt.