Sunday, 6 September 2026

Alex and Jack's Bed Quilts

 Over the years, I've been making a bed quilt for each of my grandchildren.  Jack was my youngest grandchild (although I now have two more and most likely another one!).  Jack is 8 years old and shares a room with his brother so I wanted to match the quilts somewhat.  I have a lot of blue, red and black fabrics, so I decided to do a plus sign quilt in those colours.  

The finished Quilt.  I did not have to purchase a single fabric ☺.

Some close ups of the blocks.  Jack loved all the prints featured in his quilt.



These sheep were in honour of his other Grandma who dyes wool and does a lot of knitting and weaving.
Jack's giraffe which came with the quilt.

Chris Bogart did the quilt and put some dog paws on the quilt ☺


 


 Alex's Quilt
So, I realized as I was writing about Jack's quilt and putting a link in for reference to Alex's Quilt that I'd never blogged about his quilt!  Yikes.  I finished this one in April of 2021!  Better late than never I guess.  I did a One Block Wonder pattern for Alex using this fabric: 
 
It had words, diagrams, receipts, etc. on it which was quite fascinating.  I had purchased with the idea of doing a OBW - one of those "I wonder if this would work" types of fabrics.  It worked very well and produced some very interesting blocks for the background.  I made large cubes for this quilt and used Kona Pacific blue for sashings and borders using some of the original fabrics in panels at the top.
 

One of the large cubes


Backing

The Puppy that was included with the quilt.

The Finished Quilt




 
 

No comments: