 |
Finished Challenge Quilt A year ago, in early May, my small quilt guild held a retreat and each participant received a bundle of 10 fat eighths. The challenge was to make something with the F8ths. We could make whatever we wished and could add fabrics from our own stash to it. I pondered the options for awhile and then came upon the brainstorm to try out some blocks from a book called, "Just Plain Nuts". This is the second book by the same author, Liz Lois. The first one is entitled, "Nearly Insane". The books just have a diagram of the block with no instructions. I had to measure each of the sections and add seams and cut out the pieces. I made 9 six inch blocks and then added sashings, corner stones and borders. The last border worked well with a piano key design using up all the scraps and bits and pieces of the fabric bundle. It was a fun project and I finally got to using some of the patterns which have been on my shelf for many years. |
 |
| I quilted the quilt myself doing each block differently....whatever came to mind. |
 |
| Some of the pieces were crazy tiny! |
Below are some photos of the blocks before putting into the quilt. They are 6 1/2" unfinished.
At the retreat at the end of April this year, we had a parade to show everyone at the retreat what we made with our bundles. Amazing how different everyone's projects were.
No comments:
Post a Comment