Tuesday 30 October 2007

A Posy table runner for Heather

My daughter in law, Heather had a birthday on Canadian Thanksgiving day, October 8th. She happened to mention that she would love to have table runners for all seasons for her home. I went to a quilt show the week before and picked up a fun kit for a simple table runner containing two of the 5"charm packs from the Peas & Carrots line of fabrics. On Thursday, I picked up Fons & Porter's new Fun and Easy quilt magazine (link below) and there was just the table runner for these fabrics! I found out that I could get one table runner out of each charm pack so set out to make two right away so I could have one for my kitchen as well. By Saturday night (after a trip to the quilt shop to pick up more binding fabric!) I had both of them finished. So, now I don't feel guilty for starting a new project when I have so many UFO's because they're both done!!! :-) Heather loved her table runner. Aren't they just so much fun!?

Here is a closeup of the posy. I used the striped 5" charm squares for the yo yo's and added a button to the center.
Raided my stash to find just the perfect background fabrics for the posies...one with tiny blue circles and one with tiny red ones. This fabric has been in my stash for ages...proof that a perfect project will come along if you wait long enough :-). One runner was quilted with single looped flowers in the squares and the other with double loops and leaves.




Here is a picture of the original table runner in the magazine. Check out the link for information on the magazine which has the pattern. Fons & Porter

1 comment:

Simonetta said...

Very beautiful the Table Runner!!! I love these colors a succeeded approach.
Heather is happy for this, I believe :)))