Monday 22 October 2007

Tracy and Terry's Quilt

I needed a wedding gift last week for a wedding and put together the squares I was using as a sample for a rail fence quilt class. This was one of these quilts that just went together with fabric I had in my stash! Amazing how some of these prints fit right in :-). It was a little pale til I added the gold in the narrow border and the narrow piping between the binding and last border. It was pieced on my Singer 301 electric machine this time and quilted on the that same machine until my darning foot cracked! I finished it on my vintage Bernina 807 minimatic.

The quilt was quilted with meandering lines in the center, a swirly pattern in the floral border and leaves in the green border. I used King Tut variegated green thread which gives a nice effect on the light and dark.

Closeup of the borders before quilting:

I didn't have enough of any one fabric for the backing, so I pieced it. The floral is a matching fabric to the second border fabric.

Quilting on the back:

No comments: